It’s a highly versatile development language used for building client-side, server-side, mobile and desktop apps. It is used to design interactive user-interfaces and apps with rich functionalities and features.
What is a JS Framework?
You can develop high-end mobile and web applications and interfaces over a few weeks or even, days. All thanks to its well-structured prebuilt modules and functions!
When you build apps using AngularJS, you can break your app into multiple components. Each component can then be broken into files, which makes writing and managing the app easy.
AngularJS framework considers declarative code superior to imperative coding for creating user-interfaces and wiring software components together. It facilitates NativeScript for developing native apps. You can add loops and local variables directly within the template. You can track, process and display changes that take place during the user data binding. AngularJS’ latest versions Angular 2 and higher have added to the popularity of this notable framework.
- Two-way data binding saves developers from writing extensive code.
- Automatically synchronizes data between view components and model.
- HTML templates
- Built-in dependency injection helps natural development and testing
- Configurable in both MVC and MVW architecture
- Faster development with clean, understandable and error-free code
Top companies using AngularJS: PayPal, LinkedIn, Freelancer, Lego, Hopscotch
Every React-based project features a unique architecture with limited guidance. So, React is mainly used to build the V (View) in the MVC model. It becomes easy to update the UI without reaching out to the server to fetch a fresh view.
- Provides a declarative and reusable component-based structure
- Clean abstraction
- One-way data binding with Flux controls
- Maintaining React-based applications due to its modular structure are easy.
- Fast render with Virtual DOM
- Fast and efficient for front-end development
Top companies using React.js: Yahoo, Sberbank, Netflix
The Node-based applications can run on operating systems, including Linux, Microsoft Windows, and MacOS. A single-threaded event loop enables it to handle multiple requests asynchronously. Node.js is perfect for real-time collaborative and editing-type applications.
In addition, Node.js has the widest ecosystem of open-source libraries and the NPM package. The latest version of Node.js provides support for ESM.
- Open-source JS framework under the MIT license
- Helps in streaming data from various sources and can be used to proxy some servers.
- Application and system monitoring dashboard
- Follows a single-threaded model with event looping
- Node.js apps require no data buffering.
- Asynchronous APIs means the server doesn’t wait for the API to return data. It renders the data asynchronously and provides fast response to every request.
- NPM package contains all files required for a module
- Very fast due to Google’s V8 Engine
Top companies using Node.js: Uber, PayPal, and Walmart
Vue serves as an excellent platform to create easy and fast applications, interactive web interfaces and user-interfaces. You can also create advanced single page web applications using it. One of the major benefits of using Vue is that it tracks the components’ dependencies automatically during its rendering. It informs the system about the components that need to be re-render during state changes.
- HTML-based templates
- Two-way data binding
- Works efficiently with cross-platform solutions
- Highly flexible and easy to integrate
- Robust reactivity system
- Components with reusable code
Top companies using Vue.js: Alibaba, Xiomi, EuroNews, Grammarly, Adobe, Behance
The small codebase size of Mithril.js makes code auditing easy and fast. The framework comes with many introductory tutorials and extensive API references, including everything a developer should know while building apps.
- Facilitates hierarchical MVC components, URL routing, customizable data binding
- Creates components with an optional controller and a compulsory view property
- Allows highly active development and proper documentation
- Intelligent auto-redrawing
Top companies using Mithril JS: Nike, Lichess, Fitbit
Have you ever used the Apple Music in Apple’s iTunes program? If yes, you’ve already used an Ember-based mobile app. First launched in 2011, Ember has now made its way to the large-scale web and mobile apps.
Ember is a highly-opinionated, open-source framework designed for very flexible web applications. Whether you want to create a Single Page Application, a large web app, or a complete development stack, Ember.js makes the perfect pick. Ember’s backend architecture and Handlebars layout let developers write their advanced HTML tags specific to their applications.
Its friendly API allows developers to understand and harness its complicated functionalities. The convention over configuration keeps everything ready and configured to kick-start a project.
- Open-source JS framework under MIT license.
- Handlebars templating language that requiring less coding
- Glimmer rendering engine that increases the rendering speed
- URL routing and excellent data library
- Features an Ember inspector tool for debugging Ember web applications
- Reduces the DOM
- Comes with many Ember add-ons
- A friendly and easy to use API
Top companies using Ember JS: Apple Music, LinkedIn, Vine and Live
Talking about the performance, all changes in the database instantly get transferred to the UI with no time loss and minimal effort. It covers all the phases of software development cycle. If you look closely, Meteor is a ‘One for all’ package that combines Blaze, React, MongoDB, Angular, and Cordova.
- Many built-in features like automatic CSS & JS minification, hot code reload reactive templates, etc.
- Enables app for both client and server side
- Provides client-side technologies like events, templates, helpers.
- Allows conversion from the web app to mobile app using Cordova with Meteor
- Direct access to the database, no need to load data from REST
- Easy to set up and start developing apps
- Highly user-friendly and scalable
Top companies using Ember JS: IKEA, Mazda, Honeywell
Backbone.js provides an MVP network that helps present your data as Models. You can create, validate, remove or save these models to the server of your app.
Backbone allows developers to choose the right tool for their project. The framework doesn’t feature its own templating engine. Developers and companies can use any code as its controller while keeping the controller optional.
Backbone.js provides an excellent support for RESTful APIs. It allows mapping of models to RESTful endpoints. Though developers have to write data binding on their own, it helps them focus on improving their app’s performance without worrying about the underlying framework.
- RESTful JSON interface based on the Model-view-presenter (MVP)
- Event-driven communication between models and views makes code easily legible
- Imperative programming style while handling DOM
- Hard dependency with Underscore.js and a soft dependency with jQuery
- Automatically updates the HTML code for any changes in a model
- over 100 extensions for organizing codes
Top companies using Backbone.js: Airbnb, SoundCloud, Sony Entertainment Network
This year, the framework has been groomed for improvements such as user experience development, server-side rendering, and state management. The next version may get fully converted to TypeScript.
- Leverages the future technology for today’s mobile, desktop and browser environments.
- Two-way data binding
- Fully-featured modern architecture with smaller and focused modules
- Extensible HTML compiler lets your develop custom HTML elements
- Advanced client-side router and data-driven UI composition
- MV* architecture with conventions
- Aurelia’s API features popular programming languages like ES5, ES 2015, ES 2016 and TypeScript.
- Easy to use, extensible and adaptive data binding
Top companies using Aurelia.js: NOD Studios, Freska, Questionnaire, Ordami, Fileee
- Web Components help in coding widgets for web documentation and application.
- Both one-way and two-way data binding
- Provides polyfills for browsers
- Based on the web standards API that allows the creation of custom HTML elements
- Gesture events with conditional and repeat templates
- Three times faster in Chrome and four times faster in Safari
- Developers can compose encapsulated HTML, JS, and CSS, as custom elements.
Top companies using Plymer.js: Google Play Music, Netflix, YouTube
- Lightweight library (about 19KB minified and gzipped)
- Predefined CSS () method to manipulate the style of HTML elements
- Offers extensive cross-browser support
- Supports event handling
- Built-in animation using the predefined method “animate()”
- Support AJAX technology
- Simply and easy to use and learn
Top Companies using jQuery: WordPress, Google, IBM