There are several options for you if you want to learn python online, whether its through a free python tutorial or a paid course. Learning Python online can be fun, but you need to find the best guide that fits with your learning style.
Coders use Python to build web apps. Out of all the resources, we have narrowed down some of the best ones. You can benefit from these interactive websites that let you build projects and solve problems online.
Before you start to learn to code, it is necessary to understand that without practicing it, you are going nowhere.
With this post, we will explain each of the sites that we have picked for you to start learning Python. You can also enhance your skills if you already know the basics of the language.
It is one of the online coding schools that provide you with the high-quality Python courses. The experts from the industry narrate the video lectures that are intended to teach millions of learners worldwide.
It does not matter if you are a beginner or an advanced learner; the site has relevant Python courses for everyone. The number of courses at the online school increases every few days.
- Python Basics: This 234-minute course briefly guides you about the fundamentals of the language. This tutorial will teach you about various data types and controlling the flow of your script.
- Scraping Data from the Web: Learn how to scrape a web page with the Beautiful Soup Python package. The course lasts for nearly 70-minutes and teaches you about the Scrapy package and how to use it to crawl a website.
- Practice Writing Loops in Python: You should take this short course, because it is a bit tricky to program with loops in Python. This course covers the problems that can arise while using ‘for & while’ loops in Python, and also their solutions.
Price: Once the 7-day trial period of Treehouse ends, the students have to pay a $25/month subscription charge.
Plural Sight has a massive library of online Python courses. Besides python, it consists of courses for other programming languages as well. This online school offers to its students; learning paths, assessments, and crucial courses. The experts of the industry draft all these things.
It lets you learn new skills, and keeps you up-to-date about the tools. You can apply your knowledge to solve problems and complete the projects.
- Python Fundamentals: To learn any programming language, you need to understand the fundamentals of the same. This course covers every single aspect of the language that you should, being a beginner, know. From its installation on different operating systems, to learning about whitespace in Python, the course has everything in it.
- Understanding Machine Learning with Python: In this course, you will be learning to format your problem to be solvable, preparation of the data for prediction, and creating models that can predict the future.
- Design Patterns with Python: This 2-hour course teaches you the fundamentals and implementation of eight classic patterns of the language. You will learn to make your programs easier to read, write, and maintain.
Price: Initially, you get a 10-day free trial, which can then be subscribed at $29 a month.
Udemy has got video lectures for the students that thrive to learn programming languages like Python. Every lecture in its library lasts for at least 30 minutes so that students can understand and learn better.
When it comes to the financial aspect, the courses on Udemy are not free. But the students, especially the new ones, get significant discounts on Python courses. There’s a 94% discount on the course: Complete Python Bootcamp: Go from zero to hero in Python 3.
Udemy ensures 30-day money back guarantee to every student.
- The Complete Python Masterclass: This 14-hour long course has over a hundred lectures that cover almost everything about Python. It includes Tkinter, Flask, Django, and Web Scraping. This course guides the students about the object-oriented programming.
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp: If you want to learn to implement machine learning algorithms and use Pandas for Data Analysis, this course is for you. The course also teaches you to use NumPy for Numerical Data.
Price: The prices vary with every Python course. Some of them are entirely free, while you get heavy discounts on the other ones.
It is yet another online library of courses on several technologies. Every course on the site is in the form of easy to understand videos and is designed and delivered by the experts. These courses are available in several languages, including Spanish, Chinese, English, Russian, and others.
The python courses on Coursera are free of cost, but if you want a verified certificate of completion of the course, you will have to pay accordingly.
- Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python): This course covers the basics of the language that every beginner needs to understand. Although there are no pre-requisites for the course, a student must possess basic mathematics skills.
- Introduction to Data Sciences in Python: To understand basic python programming techniques like the NumPy library, reading and manipulating csv files, and lambdas, you should opt for this course. At the end of this course, you’ll be able to take tabular data, clean it, manipulate it, and run basic analyses.
Price: You get free access to the introductory courses on the site, and have to pay anything between $29-99 a month for advanced courses.
With w3schools, you get the easiest way to learn Python, especially if you are a beginner. You get the simplified versions of examples there, which is to make it easier for to understand and learn the concepts. The site covers almost everything about the language.
Once you are done with the learning process, you can test your programming skills on the site as well.
What you will learn:
- Python fundamentals
- Python syntax
- Variables, number, loops
- Operators, strings, sets
- Dictionaries and every other crucial thing about the language.
If you wish to learn Python and have no prior experience, this is the place you can start. With the interactive learning platform of Codeacademy, you can learn the fundamentals of programming quickly. It was written keeping in mind the people who have little-to-no programming experience.
The Python course at this site begins with basic level units and gets challenging with every unit. Most of the content on Codeacademy is free.
What you will learn:
- Python syntax
- Strings & Console outputs
- Lists & Dictionaries
Price: Most of the Python courses are free. However, there are some paid pro courses as well.
After Hours Programming
This course is best for those who are completely new to the Python programming. With all the basic concepts and technical aspects mentioned very clearly, beginners will find it comfortable to understand.
The tutorial begins with variables and advances to the challenging parts of the language. When you have finally completed the course, you can check your skills by taking the quiz at the end.
What you will learn:
- Statements, functions, loops, strings,
- Dictionaries, lists, formatting
It is designed for both beginner and professional Python developers. On Pythonspot, the tutorials and insights are categorized into different groups.
This course is a complete Python tutorial for both Python 2 and Python 3. You can benefit from this online tutorial and can become a pro if you are a novice at writing Python codes.
Initially, you will be taught about the language, and then its applications in web development, game building, and many other things.
What you will learn:
- Data and Databases
- Graphical Interface
- Network, plotting, advanced, android, gaming
On this site, you will find the video lectures about the language. These videos are explained by the experts of the industry. They make you understand as to how you need to write code in Python.
Through the tutorials on this site, you will be able to learn to create functions and objects.
- Learning Python: This 2-hour tutorial is for the candidates who are still new to coding in Python. The course includes some topics like; working with variables and expressions, writing loops, fetching internet data, parsing and processing HTML data.
- Advanced Python: This course will nourish your skills so that you can take advantage of its flexibility. A couple of topics that this course includes are: truth value testing, template strings, advanced classes and objects, and logging.
- Python Projects: In this project, the instructor teaches as to how you can work with Python 3.5 to create four distinct projects. If you want to run Python programs in eclipse, set breakpoints, write windows scheduling service, this course is for you.
Price: Free for the first month and then you need to pay to get access to the content.
On this site, you will find interactive content like quizzes, hands-on-projects, and videos. The detailed feedback of expert reviewers will help you advance quickly.
The most effective way to learn to code on Udacity is to follow the learn-by-doing approach. If any doubt strikes your mind, you can stay on track with the mentors to find the solution to the problems.
What you will learn:
- Python fundamentals like data types and structures.
- To handle and manipulate data, you will learn Pandas and NumPy.
Price: Cost for each Nanodegree program varies.
If you are looking forward to being a data scientist, you should totally go for the best way to learn python.
These were some of our picks where you can learn to code in Python easily. There are a lot of other sites that provide the same service to the learners.
Python is one of the easiest high-level programming languages that have been making the lives of people working with data, easier. Machine learning and artificial intelligence also find applications of this language.